As for the other first. My darling Grace decided at 8:00 last night to put a nail in her mouth and swallowed it. She came screaming to Brian and I. Once I figured out through the midst of howling that she swallowed a nail I did the typical mom thing and completly freaked out. Good thing I have a great husband to calm me and Grace down. After talking to 2 nurses in the ER and them telling me just to watch her, it should pass, they ran it by Dr Curtis, the Dr on call. Yup, he wanted us to come in. Since we were just getting ready to put kids in bed Grandma and Grandpa Taylor came to stay with Gid and Halle while we took her in (I was a complete woosie and could not hack going alone but refused to stay home). She had an Xray taken that showed a 1 inch nail just getting to her tummy. We get to go back today and tomorrow and possibly the next to get x-ray to make sure it passes and does not poke a hole in any organs. Gracie was a trouper, the Dr's and nurses awesome and I have to take back a few things I have said about Preston Hospital. I thought that by 4 1/2 they outgrew putting things in their mouths but Gracie always ceases to amaze me.Tuesday, September 21, 2010
MORE FIRSTS
I really have never considered myself a avid blogger but lately it seems I am mosting a lot. First day of preschool, first Dance, first Van. Here are a couple more firsts, both having to do with Grace and one not very exciting. Grace learned in about 10 minutes last week to ride a bike without training wheels. She did awesome. Once she finally stopped yelling at me about making Gid ride and she would just play with dolls, she said "I can do it myelf Mom, let go". talk about a leap of faith on both our parts but she did so so good. I still can't believe how the grow.
As for the other first. My darling Grace decided at 8:00 last night to put a nail in her mouth and swallowed it. She came screaming to Brian and I. Once I figured out through the midst of howling that she swallowed a nail I did the typical mom thing and completly freaked out. Good thing I have a great husband to calm me and Grace down. After talking to 2 nurses in the ER and them telling me just to watch her, it should pass, they ran it by Dr Curtis, the Dr on call. Yup, he wanted us to come in. Since we were just getting ready to put kids in bed Grandma and Grandpa Taylor came to stay with Gid and Halle while we took her in (I was a complete woosie and could not hack going alone but refused to stay home). She had an Xray taken that showed a 1 inch nail just getting to her tummy. We get to go back today and tomorrow and possibly the next to get x-ray to make sure it passes and does not poke a hole in any organs. Gracie was a trouper, the Dr's and nurses awesome and I have to take back a few things I have said about Preston Hospital. I thought that by 4 1/2 they outgrew putting things in their mouths but Gracie always ceases to amaze me.
As for the other first. My darling Grace decided at 8:00 last night to put a nail in her mouth and swallowed it. She came screaming to Brian and I. Once I figured out through the midst of howling that she swallowed a nail I did the typical mom thing and completly freaked out. Good thing I have a great husband to calm me and Grace down. After talking to 2 nurses in the ER and them telling me just to watch her, it should pass, they ran it by Dr Curtis, the Dr on call. Yup, he wanted us to come in. Since we were just getting ready to put kids in bed Grandma and Grandpa Taylor came to stay with Gid and Halle while we took her in (I was a complete woosie and could not hack going alone but refused to stay home). She had an Xray taken that showed a 1 inch nail just getting to her tummy. We get to go back today and tomorrow and possibly the next to get x-ray to make sure it passes and does not poke a hole in any organs. Gracie was a trouper, the Dr's and nurses awesome and I have to take back a few things I have said about Preston Hospital. I thought that by 4 1/2 they outgrew putting things in their mouths but Gracie always ceases to amaze me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Scary, Wen. Please keep me posted about Gracie. Although, great job Gracie for riding your bike alone.
ReplyDeleteI hope it all turns out okay (literally). Kylie pretended that a penny was gum once and we had to search to see when it passed....gross! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteScary! I hope things turn out ok! Awesome that Gracie can ride her bike now. Exciting!
ReplyDelete