skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Fun and Firsts!
We took an end of summer trip to Hogle Zoo with The Mumfords. It was way fun (with the exception of Hogan getting lost). The kids enjoyed posing on the rhino and in the eagle nest. The bird show was so much fun! We can't wait for the new African exhibit to come next year!
Gracie's first day of 2nd grade. She loves Miss Transtrum. She loves school.
Gid's first day of 2nd grade. He also loves his teacher Miss Transtrum. He does not love school. He is a great student but only enjoys recess and lunch. He refuses to wear sandals to school after the first day because he can't play soccer in them.

Halle Bug's (who is sitting right here by me as I post and insisted I had to write her up in purple) first day of Kindergarten. She just loves Mrs. Koller but we knew she would. She always went in with me when I helped in Gid and Gracie's class when they were in Kindergarten. She chose to wear her Dora dress, Dora shoes and take her Dora backpack (sensing a theme)? She is so smart and already reading (and has been for a while). She is testing way above Kindergarten level. Mom had a hard couple of first days with her gone but we are both loving it now. Halle is learning that she actually misses her Mom. She has become a lot less combative and polite when she comes home. Since she became 1 year old we are actually getting along great! That alone makes her Mom a whole lot happier. She actually wants to cuddle with me now and tells me she loves me a ton instead of just whining and yelling at me!

Our cute little doodle bug had her first soccer game yesterday. She was excited when I asked her if she wanted to play soccer! I signed her up 2 months ago. Last week I decided to sign Gracie up for tumbling. Halle got mad and wanted to quit soccer and do tumbling. I told her that was not an option and she could decide next year what she wanted to do. She did so so so good at soccer. She had several break away's down the field and was close to scoring a goal. She got to play goalie the last quarter! She stopped at least 10 goals from being scored and nobody scored on her! She was very aggressive (with dad's help). When the game was over she came up with a big grin on her face and gave me huge hug. I asked her if she had fun and she nodded with a huge smile. I asked her if soccer was better than tumbling. She said "oh heck yea". That's my girl. I can't wait to watch her play again Saturday!
Getting ready to stop the goal
Stopping a goal
Getting ready to throw the ball out
Ready for another ball to come in
After the game walking off the field. So proud of this little toad.
No comments:
Post a Comment