In two regards. First I am finally posting pictures of Bri's elk he shot. This is only about 2 months late in being posted. He shot this monster over labor day weekend (what can I say, I have been busy). The second reason for "it's about time" is in regards to him. He has been hunting every year since I married (and dated) the guy which is about 15 years. This is the first elk he has ever brought home and all I can say is "It's about bloody time" (and I know Jen will agree with me). This is the first elk Brian has shot with his bow and he had a great time with his favorite hunting buddy Chad! The pictures that are posted were taken the morning after the hunt and minus the body since it was getting dark when he shot it and the pictures were just not good in the dark and with the cel phone.
Ok, he just downloaded another. These are the happy hunters after the shot. I guess the cel phone did better than I gave it credit for.
Alan (bless his heart) delayed a trip when he found out they shot the elk and came and helped Bri and Chad pack this guy out!
Don't think he is excited...do you?
This one quite frankly freaks me out. However it shows how big he his. The spread on him is 49 inches and he is so big he could be registered on Pope & Young.
I just gotta love this guy. We are glad he has so much fun doing something he loves and glad we have meat to eat. I have learned it is really good and even like that it is less fatty than hamburger.
This picture is of Brian's elk while he was alive. It was taken with the trail cam. Quite a beauty!


Great post Wen!!! I know how much you love Bri (never doubted it)! Can't wait to see the rack hanging above the stairs :)
ReplyDelete