Yea, I know it was over a month ago and I am just posting (and posting pretty much what Tric and Jen have already posted) but here goes. Some of the Taylor's have been doing 5k's this summer and trying to talking me into running one. I am cheap and won't pay lots to run when I can do it for free but in June there was not a 5k to run so we did one in Clifton at Chad and Jen's. I decided to run and had so much fun. I felt great and was not even tired. Fun..so much.
My dear hubby ran with me and kept me motivated. I did learn it is so much more fun to run with someone than alone. I did another 5k in Declo with Lisa and it again was fun and easy. I had so much run Tricia talked me into doing Dayton's Fun Run this year. I hated the whole thing. I ran it alone (since Brian had to try and beat his last years time...which he did). Lets just say I totally sucked. I really thought I was going to die this time. I could not breath, thought I was going to pass out. By the end I was just glad that I did not quit when I ran past Bri's parents house because I really wanted to. The only reason I didn't was because Gid, Hayden and Austi were out on the road cheering me on and giving me high 5's. Such good kids. I keep trying to tell myself I sucked so bad due to the Larengitis I had the whole previous week but who knows. All I know is I really have no desire to do another "Fun Run.
Tricia and Chad crossing the finish line.
Mel, Colby, Hannah and Grace. yea, she rode in the jogging stroller with Hannah and made Colby push her.
The kids did a mile run. Wyatt (being the smart kid he is) decided to win he would just ride his bike and he won!
Gid crossing the finish line after Wyatt. About now Wyatt has jumped in to Chloe and Berk's Barbi Jeep and taken back off down the road.
Haydo crossing the finish line.
Cute Austi finishing strong.
Gracie Jewel finishing.
Then dear Wyatt crossing the finish line again (this time running) after he.........
Dropped the jeep off to Hal and Chloe. They finished the "run" in style. this was one of my fav parts of the day.
Wyatt being the gentleman and making sure the ladies had an escort.
Christine and Alan did the mile run with the kids. Christine finishing the race but where is Alan?
There he is, he decided to walk back on the tubes (can't remember what they are called) and got cornered by a horse.
So this was another fav moment of the day. Notice Hal's swimsuit. Hal went in to change to play in the water and Colby came out saying "Wendi, I am not an expert on womens fashion but I am pretty sure there may be a problem with Hal's suit" Sure enough, there was a problem. She put her suit on backwards. She was kind of embarrassed when everyone was laughing and taking her picture but I love this story. Such a Hal.
Me and my best friend. I sure love this guy. Thanks for making the day fun.
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

















You did great at the Dayton run Wen! You need to run with us again!!! Love all the pictures and that was a FUN day!
ReplyDelete